First off, holy crap you’re awesome! I emailed a few family members (seriously, about 5), posted here on the blog and mentioned it once on Facebook and Twitter. Three days later I had met my goal of raising $500 for San Diego Hospice Care. Seriously amazing.
Thanks so much to everyone who donated. I can always exceed my goal, so if you still want to give, please visit my donation page here.
My 5K is April 2, so this weekend my husband and I are driving to Arizona to visit his parents and some other friends. We have to be back by Monday so he can start his new job! Hooray! Maybe someday we’ll both have full-time jobs concurrently again. Or maybe I just need more health coaching clients to keep me occupied.
Either way, the onslaught of vegetables continues unabated. Just the way I like it.
Let’s start with the greens, shall we?
Some fun facts:
- The Veggie-Hating Husband has eaten most of the carrots and celery from the last two shares. He may need a new pseudonym.
- That head of Napa cabbage weighs in at just under 4 pounds in the welterweight division.
- Last time we got kohlrabi we only got one small root and I didn’t peel it very well. Lesson learned.
- Kohlrabi greens are edible! See recipe links below.
It’s been a few weeks since I last did a recipe roundup, so here are some suggestions that I’m excited about.
CSA recipe suggestions
- Fried Beans with Sorrel, Feta, and Sumac
- Leek and Sorrel Pancakes
- Easy Parsley Potatoes
- Radicchio and Pear Salad
- Breakfast Casserole with Spinach and Leeks
- Homemade kimchi (I’ve seen at least 3 references to making kimchi this week, I think it’s a sign)
- Golden Beet and Barley Salad with Rainbow Chard
- Kohlrabi Greens with Toasted Sesame Oil and Soy Sauce
- Raw Beet, Carrot, and Kohlrabi Salad
- 9 Arugula Recipes
- Roasted Carrot and Avocado Salad
- Rainbow Chard and Roasted Beet Fettucine
What would you make? It’s late and I’m full, but most of those recipes make me want to go downstairs and start cooking.