It’s amazing what you can do with an extra hour of time in the morning! We open on Sunday which should free up some more daylight hours for me to cook, bake, take photos, and actually post. I’m excited and hope you are, too!
CSA arrivals from Wednesday (starting with the phallic ones for the pervs out there *cougherikacough*):
The multi-colored cherry tomatoes are destined for great things, like my dinner.
The melon is a mystery! I have no idea what kind it is or what it tastes like, but it might have to be my new food on Friday — I’ll keep you posted.
- Pasta alla Norma (eggplant, basil)
- Arugula Pizza
- Braised Radishes
- Quiche with Greens (recipe says beet greens, but collards work too)
- Sunshine Breakfast Bowls (summer squash)
- Summer Squash and Goat Cheese Pasta
- Garlicky Sauteed Greens
Other preparation ideas:
- Green beans, garlic, miso paste, and tofu stir-fry with rice
- Eggplant, red peppers, summer squash, and garlic tossed with olive oil and roasted and topped with basil (as bruschetta or with pasta)
- This is some gorgeous lettuce that is going in sandwiches, tacos, pita pockets, and possibly even a salad.
Keep up with Little Blue Hen: get updates via email, subscribe through an RSS feed, connect on Facebook, or say hello on Twitter.
Comments? I love feedback and suggestions! Leave them below or email me.