Fun fact: we have a “vault garage” with no access other than the garage door itself, so when our remote stopped working, we had to call someone. Yep, I just paid a man to break into my garage.
The election mailers have all been recycled, it’s finally below 80 degrees in San Diego, persimmons are in season, and I’m finally ready to think about Thanksgiving food.
Things that caught my eye around the intertubes this week:
- A congratulatory letter from the Dalai Lama to President Obama on his re-election.
- I wonder if we could save enough persimmons to make these scones.
- Bloggers: have you made a mood board for your brand or site?
- Never leave your house again; Amazon now ships wine to 12 states and DC.
- I’ve been eating minimal seafood for a few years, but that’s increased while pregnant. Here are some of the best sustainable seafood choices
- My current library book.
- This may be an unlikely time to start juicing, but here’s a basic overview. Look for more juicing info here in January!
- Pinterest is rolling out “secret boards” for stealth planning! Great for gift lists or holiday crafts. I’m not a crazy pinner, but I find some good stuff
- Instagram finally (!) has profile pages: check mine out (hope you like cats…)
My mom arrived on Monday, my aunt is in town, and my friend is throwing us a baby shower at my house this weekend. Naps all around!
What are your Thanksgiving plans? (Or, what did you do for Thanksgiving, Canadians?)