Just over one year ago I established Center Stage Wellness, my own health coaching practice where I support overwhelmed men and women to pragmatically integrate sustainable, step-by-step diet, mindset, and lifestyle changes so they can feel awesome and kick ass at life.
In September I attended IIN’s fall conference in New York City where I loved meeting like-minded people and sharing the content by tweeting as fast as I could. It was great to travel, but New York was a long way to go.
IIN is pretty well established on the East Coast, but they aren’t as known out here — yet. The first weekend of March I’m attending IIN’s West Coast Mega Conference in Long Beach, California. There are some truly amazing speakers lined up for this event and I can’t wait to hear what they have to share. And it’s within driving distance for me!
IIN has invited a handful of us to live blog about the conference over the weekend we’re there, so you’ll get to read about my experience, plus those of a dozen others (list at the end of this post).
A few of the speakers I’m most excited about:
- Geneen Roth, author of many books (most recently Women, Food and God) and expert on disordered eating. She’s a wonderful speaker and has so much insight to share.
- Paul Pitchford’s book Healing with Whole Foods: Asian Traditions and Modern Nutrition is used a textbook in many acupuncture programs. He’s a wealth of knowledge about food and health.
- David Wolfe is passionate about Superfoods, and even though I think he’s a little bonkers, his enthusiasm and energy is infectious. I’m looking forward to hearing him speak.
- Gary Taubes wrote Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health and Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It, but might be best known for his New York Times article Is Sugar Toxic? from April of 2011. I may not agree with all that Taubes says (he cherry-picks some information and seems to be contrary for sensational purposes), but I’m interested in what he’s going to say.
The line-up is really phenomenal and I can’t wait to learn from them and all the other amazing speakers.
That’s where YOU come in. Yes, you!
I also have the opportunity to invite 2 guests to part of the conference on Saturday, March 3 from 2pm-6pm PST at the Long Beach Arena. The conference is normally only open to students and alumni, but they’ve opened the afternoon session on Saturday to selected guests. Do you want to attend?
If so, let me know in the comments below why you want to come to the conference. I’ll pick 2 winners on Friday (sorry for the short notice).
- To enter: leave a comment on this post by noon on Friday, 2/24 stating why you want to go.
- For an additional entry: Tweet “Win a ticket to #MegaIIN from @stacyblue! http://ow.ly/9cYyU” then come back here and leave a comment saying you did so.
- All I can offer you are tickets (and an invitation to lunch beforehand!). You’re responsible for your own transportation and parking.
- I’ll contact the winners on Friday with details.
If you’re interested in health, nutrition, and happiness, I hope to see you there!
Other IIN Live Bloggers
You can follow Integrative Nutrition’s blogger list on Twitter.
Or visit their blogs here: