40 to 45% of American adults make one or more resolutions each year.
Among the top new years resolutions are resolutions about weight loss, exercise, and to stop smoking. Also popular are resolutions dealing with better money management / debt reduction.
The following shows how many of these resolutions are maintained as time goes on:
- past the first week: 75%
- past 2 weeks: 71%
- after one month: 64%
- after 6 months: 46%
While a lot of people who make new years resolutions do break them, research shows that making resolutions is useful. People who explicitly make resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals than people who don’t.
People with good intentions flood gyms every January.
They buy new workout clothes.
They say “This is the year that I’m going to lose weight, eat right, get healthy.”
photo credit: Azlan DuPree
And some do! The prospect of a fresh start for the new year is what they needed to truly make a change.
Yet after one month, 46% of people who made resolutions have fallen off track, and that increases to over half by June.
Because the food isn’t about the food, and the exercise isn’t about exercise. It’s about how health fits into your life. As one of my clients recently said, “You can’t fix things in your own life when you can’t see the forest for the trees.”
This year, don’t go it alone. Start the year off right. Get support. For FREE.
Go from overwhelmed to in control starting January 2, 2012.
In just five days you’ll learn:
- how to get more nutritional bang for your buck without feeling deprived
- that it’s not what you eat, but how and why
- how to overcome resistance to making changes in your life so you can move forward
This FREE program includes:
- a Jumpstart manual with ground rules, concepts, and worksheets to get you started ($95 value)
- daily email assignments sent out each morning to guide you ($125 value)
- an exclusive Facebook group to support you ($125 value)
- a live group coaching call on Thursday, January 6 ($125 value)
It’s not for a year. It’s not for a month. It’s for 5 days. And despite all the value wrapped up in the program, it’s my FREE gift for being so fantastically, wonderfully YOU.