Who Am I and What Can I Do for You?
Hi! I’m Stacy Spensley, a certified holistic health coach – though I prefer the term healthy life coach – living in San Diego, California, with my Veggie-Hating Husband and two cute cats. That’s me in the right sidebar.
I spend my time supporting overwhelmed perfectionists to stop spinning their wheels, get unstuck, and finally take action to lead kick-ass lives. I do this over the phone or via Skype, using personal coaching and lots and lots of awesome handouts (that’s just how I roll). I help you develop a strategy to live your best life.
A few things I like:
- Elegantly-formatted worksheets
- Massive client breakthroughs
- Pragmatic approaches to “woo-woo crap”
- Safe, non-judgmental spaces
- Vegetables except raw carrots
- Ninjas, unicorns, rainbows, glitter, and the color blue
A few things I don’t like:
- Excuses (well, let’s call that a love-hate relationship)
- Preventable unhappiness
- Getting the same haircut twice
- Cancer, poverty, food insecurity, and raw carrots
I grew up in Minnesota (it was pretty much Lake Wobegon) where I fine-tuned my passive-aggressive tendencies and excelled at jobs that harnessed my inherent perfectionism, most notably my years spent as a theatrical stage manager. My perfectionism crossed with a strong sense of responsibility to result in insomnia, migraines, chronic sinus infections, and fatigue. My diet consisted of coffee and carbs, both simple and complex. I worked hard, I did my job well, and I still wasn’t happy.
A director I worked with introduced me to acupuncture and holistic health. My eyes were opened, my mind was blown. I learned how much my diet impacted my life and health. I realized that working harder didn’t require martyrdom. I discovered that taking care of myself made me better able to care for others.
We packed up and moved to Southern California in 2009 when my husband transferred with work. We joined a local community supported agriculture (CSA) program and ate more vegetables. I was unemployed for almost a year (not my shining moment).
It was then I discovered the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Two weeks later, I signed up to study health coaching and never looked back. I learned about dietary theories and the basics of digestion. I learned about positive psychology and how emotions affect our bodies. I learned how to listen – really listen – and reflect. And I learned how to change lives, starting with my own.
Now I provide a safe space for my clients to investigate what’s really holding them back from living the life they want. It’s not about deprivation, restriction, or will-power. It’s about identifying what you really want and what’s keeping you stuck so you can move forward.
If you’re overwhelmed, frustrated, and depleted, I understand. I’ve been there. My clients have been there, too. Transformation is possible, but it doesn’t happen overnight. If what you’re doing right now isn’t giving you the results you want, it’s time to try something else.
I’d love to help you figure out what that something else might be. CLICK HERE to schedule time to chat.
In your session we will:
- Discover the single easiest thing you can change now to take control of your health
- Identify ways you’re getting in your own way
- Empower you to take the next steps to achieve your health goals
I’d love to talk to you about your goals. Seriously. If I’m not the right coach for you, I’ll do my best to send you along to the right one.
Just a quick question for me?
- My college minor was Japanese and I’ve been to Japan 4 times. Yes, I speak Japanese; no, I’m not fluent. ちょっとだけ。。。
- I’ve been a vegetarian since junior high. None of my clients are vegetarian.
- Summer 2012 goals: more gardening, more yoga, more fun.