Need a pick-me-up?
So often we think of self-care as a luxury or indulgence, but it doesn’t have to be. Taking care of yourself can mean physical activity, focused time, or simply tying up a loose end or nagging thought that drains energy when you don’t address it.
Here are a range of ideas to get you started. Some take as little as a few seconds!
When you take better care of yourself, you’re better able to care for others.
15 Ways to Feel Better in 5 Minutes or Less
- Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning.
- Eat one more piece of fruit or than usual today.
- Set your fork down between bites at lunch or dinner.
- Take 3 deep breaths 3 times a day (set a phone/calendar reminder if that helps).
- Stretch or do yoga for 5 minutes.
- Give yourself a facial massage in the shower or when you wash your face at night.
- Do 5 sit-ups, 5 push-ups, and 5-jumping jacks. Too easy? Do 10 of each.
- Do nothing for 2 minutes (just breathe).
- Pay someone a compliment.
- Write down 3 things you’re grateful for.
- Write an affirmation on a post-it note and display it where you can see it (start small, like “I am awesome”).
- Write a thank you note or email to someone.
- Email a friend you haven’t talked to in ages to catch up.
- Write down your top 3 priorities for the day the night before. Do those first.
- Call to schedule that appointment you’ve been putting off. Massage? Physical? Haircut? Do it.
Pick one and see how it goes. What are you going to try first?
Enjoy these tips? Follow my time management and quote boards over on Pinterest for more goodies.