Instead of feeling like a transition from summer into fall, this week’s CSA share has a hot weather bent for sure. Between soccer and the beach I’ve been outdoors more than usual this weekend, so the idea of juicy summer produce is really appealing.
The season’s last nectarines and an early crop of grapes at the market were both irresistable. Fall is coming, but it’s not cooling down in San Diego for a while.
Since I haven’t done a recipe round-up in a while, let’s give that a shot.
- Braised okra with tomatoes and parsley sounds great to me
- I made this mixed vegetable coo-coo with tomato sauce without okra (couldn’t find any!) a few years ago; even the hubby liked it
- Use up parsley in tabouli/tabbouleh or chimichurri
- I’ve meant to make stuffed summer squash for the last 2 months. Maybe this week.
- Feeling brave? Try this Sweet pepper upside down cake and tell me how it goes
- I’ve posted tomato tart and squash gratin recipes before. I should make them.
- Caramelized onions go in/on everything
Are you at your limit of summer squash? Do tomatoes make you see red? Are you ready for fall? And how was your Labor Day weekend? We have house guests all week, so I’m playing tour guide!