I’ve done a lot of reflection on the past year. There were a lot of things I did (and didn’t) do last year, successes and failures, triumphs and disappointments. Isn’t that life?
Top it off with some mixed emotions at the end and I needed to sit with it for a few days.
Some highlights from 2012
- Taking a road trip through Arizona and New Mexico with my mom
- Attending the Institute for Integrative Nutrition’s MegaConference as a VIP Blogger, Camp Blogaway, a writing conference with Dianne Jacob, and the International Food Blogger Conference
- Moving Little Blue Hen to this site after almost 3 years of blogging
- Landscaping our front yard with native plants and citrus trees
- Running two wonderful group programs and seeing the success of my clients, both individually and in the group settings
- Partnering with Andrew from Eating Rules to write a guest post and the guide to October Unprocessed
And, of course, being pregnant for half the year was sort of a big deal for me. It forced me to slow down, whether I wanted to or not.
I didn’t post as often as I wanted. I didn’t cook as much as usual. I didn’t work with as many clients as I wanted to. But that’s OK.
Ironically, none of my top 5 posts (by views) is from 2012, but I only wrote 31 posts last year. Let’s just say I was ahead of the trends in 2010 and 2011, shall we?
Most Popular Posts of 2012
- Spicy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- Aussie Bites
- Peter Reinhart’s Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
- Homemade Vegetarian Kimchi
- Quick and Easy Homemade Pickles
Did you try any of those recipes this year? I’ve made all of them again myself.
What’s in store for 2013?
Moving into this new year, I have very few expectations.
Of course I have goals (I need structure or I don’t get anything done), but I’m not attached to them. I’m giving myself permission to fail and be more vulnerable. We’ll see how it goes, but I trust that everything will turn out fine.
I’m still plotting out my course for the year (with a big hole for maternity leave), so instead of running a program in January, I’m starting with a single free workshop.
This one-hour teleclass is on Monday, January 7 at 5:30pm PT/8:30pm ET and I’d love if you could join me. Not available? The class is recorded and sent out with all the ancillary materials (I heart worksheets).
We’ll cover several strategies of how to set yourself up for success in the next year with clear, concise goals that you actually want to achieve. No more vague “shoulds,” but a real plan for action.
What was your biggest accomplishment of 2012? What’s your intention or goal for 2013?
Stacy Spensley is a healthy life coach, recovering stage manager, lover of the Oxford comma, and vegetarian. She's bossy because she loves you.